After receiving a letter, what do I do?
If you receive a letter stating that your cross connection devices are due for testing, you will need to hire a plumber that is Michigan state-certified in cross connections. If part of your system does not pass inspection, you will need to arrange to have the necessary corrections made. Once this is complete, please contact the Water Department at 586-446-2440 to schedule an inspection.

Show All Answers

1. Is backflow prevention device testing regulated?
2. Why is it important for water suppliers to prevent backflow?
3. What is backsiphonage?
4. Can you give an example of a cross connection occurrence?
5. After receiving a letter, what do I do?
6. Who owns and is responsible for testing and maintenance of the backflow prevention assembly?
7. How much will it cost to have my backflow prevention device tested?
8. Is there a general compliance schedule and process?
9. What if I don't comply?